Junior Software Developer
ALMIS International are an established, market leading technology house focussed around the financial services sector. We have been going through significant growth and are consequently looking to expand our development team in their Edinburgh city centre office on a permanent basis. We are looking for a highly technical Software Developer with a deep understanding of programming and software development to join this small close-knit team who work to create market leading products for banks, building societies and financial institutions around the world.
This is an ideal role for a passionate technologist who wants to be working in a friendly but professional environment.
Working in a small team you will be an individual who works well with other people and who has the technical ability and knowledge to put forward new ideas and techniques whilst learning from others.
- Development and maintenance of the company’s suite of products
- Identifying existing and future coding issues and addressing accordingly
- Maintaining version control on new and existing developments
Occasionally the following will also be required:
- Supporting testing of the software and development of testing infrastructure
- Maintaining and developing documentation on system features
- Helping to solve specific customer issues, involving communication with the customers
Skills & Attributes
The successful developer will have the following technical skills and attributes:
- Computer Science or relevant programming related academic qualifications or equivalent commercial experience
- Knowledge of SOLID principles
- Financial services, asset or treasury management experience or interest would be advantageous but is not essential
- 1st class technical communication skills and the ability to articulate highly technical issues
If this sounds like the next step in your career, then please send a detailed CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org