Applications for this vacancy are now closed.
Graduate Financial Systems Analyst
ALMIS International is the UK market leader in developing Bank Balance Sheet Management software. Clients include over 60 banks and building societies. The software is used to manage market, liquidity and capital risk for many hundreds of billions of financial assets, liabilities and derivatives. We are proud of our track record of installing software solutions successfully and we work closely with our clients to train and support their staff to maximise the benefits of the system. As a result of ongoing growth within the company and our expanding customer base, we are recruiting Graduate Financial Systems Analysts to join our small, dedicated team.
The Graduate Programme is designed to introduce new Financial Systems Analysts to the applications and data which support our clients across Asset & Liability Management, Regulatory Reporting and Treasury Management, with their initial role residing as a Development Analyst directly involved in the Product Development Lifecycle. Further career progression is possible within the software development area or in the implementations and client services areas where the breadth of ALM, Regulatory Reporting and Treasury Management knowledge is put into practice by assisting our Banking Sector clients in maximising the benefits of our software offering.
Key aspects of the role, as it develops, include:
- Directly involved in the Product Development lifecycle, from receipt and review of functional specifications to acceptance testing
- Incorporating client requests and changes in regulatory requirements into the future system design
- Designing, creating and performing specific test strategies and routines
- Developing user documentation and release notes to support the product
- Developing quality processes and procedures
- Use of databases and analytical tools are a material aspect of product development.
Implementations and Client Services
- Following the ALMIS Implementation Methodology with new clients, from data provision to modular training
- Supporting clients with specific aspects of the software through collaborative review of data, processes and reporting
- Presentation of remote, on-site or conference demos and training
- Directly involved in the Product Development lifecycle, from creation of functional specifications
Assisting clients in maximising the benefits of the software by:
- Supporting the client in all aspects of their software use, including the software implementation process
- Developing support materials and client web-site material
- Supporting the delivery of client webinars & training sessions
- Replicating and diagnosing support issues and communicating findings to clients
- Providing demonstrations, training and attending conferences
The role requires excellent communication skills, both written and oral, numeracy, analytical skills and an aptitude for understanding financial management.
Training is provided, and Study Funding is available for Banking or Accounting qualifications (CertBALM, CIMA, ACCA)
A distributed working model is in place, providing flexibility – with the opportunity to visit client sites in due course.
Successful applicants will ideally be degree qualified and have a keen interest in data and applications in relation to finance and bank financial analysis. Knowledge of the regulatory framework that Banks & Building Societies operate within is advantageous, but not essential.
Candidates for this role should be enthusiastic, articulate, intelligent self-starters who relish the opportunity to work within a dynamic and growing company where their contribution and experience can make a real difference and their opinions listened to and valued. The applicant will ideally hold a good degree in Mathematics, Accounting, Engineering, or another highly analytical and numerate degree. This should be in addition to an enthusiasm to learn Bank risk management and an appreciation for the value the ALMIS product brings to its clients.
Proven problem-solving experience, and the ability to grasp the high-level concepts of financial risk management would be advantageous, as would a desire for career development and progression.
Interested candidates should send their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining why they wish to be considered for this role, a brief outline of their experience, salary aspirations and contact details.
Salary: £25,000 starting salary.
- pension scheme
- company incentive scheme
- study funding