Applications for this vacancy are now closed.
Graduate Software Engineer
Advert Closing: 25-05-2021
Established in 1992, ALMIS International is the UK market leader in developing Bank Balance Sheet Management software. Clients include over 65% of UK Building Societies and over 40 UK regulated banking firms. The software is used to manage market liquidity and capital risk for many hundreds of billions worth of financial assets, liabilities and derivatives.
We are proud of our track record of installing software solutions successfully, working closely with our clients to train and support their staff to maximise the benefits our software provides.
As a result of continuing growth within the company and expanding customer base, we are looking to recruit a Graduate Software Engineer to join our expanding, dedicated team.
The Graduate Software Engineer will report to Head of Development.
The Graduate Software Engineer assists with providing high quality software produced in a timely and productive fashion. They will be mentored by Senior Engineers where required.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Identify, prioritise and execute tasks in the Software Development Life Cycle
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code
- Review and debug code
- Complete Code Review for colleague code
- Perform validation and verification testing
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting
- Collaborate with internal teams and external vendors to fix and improve products
The successful applicant will ideally come from a computer science or software engineering background and have a deep interest in software development at a low level.
An interest is the Company’s specific specialist software application would also be an advantage.
Key aspects of the role would include:
- Software development and client support
- Development and maintenance of the existing product
- Enhancing the product and introducing new technologies
- Ensuring the product is up to date
- Identify existing and future coding issues and address accordingly
- Support testing of the software and development of testing infrastructure
- Maintain and develop documentation on system features
- Maintain version control on new and existing developments
- Help and solve specific customer issues, involving communication with the customers
This will be primarily an internal role with some client-facing responsibilities when required. An appreciation of IT for financial management developed within the banking sector or finance sectors is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
Skills & Experience:
This role would ideally suit someone wishing to become an integral part of a growing business, while increasing their abilities across the board as a well-rounded developer. We would like to hear from applicants who possess the following skill-set:
- Holds a good degree (2:1 or above) in Computing Science or Software Engineering.
- May have recently completed their degree studies, or have a year or more of practical experience in a software development or programming role.
- Has strong programming skills and an ability to work with SQL databases.
- Experience of developing in C# will be considered an advantage, as would strong experience in other object-oriented languages.
- Ideally, would have some experience of financial modelling applications.
- Is an enthusiastic, articulate, intelligent self-starter type in their approach to work.
- Would relish the opportunity to work within a small, dynamic company, where their contribution and experience can make a real difference and their opinions are listened to and valued.
- Any experience in the Financial sector will be looked upon favourably.
The ALMIS software is developed using modern programming languages and state-of-the-art development environment.
Applicants will be given support and training, but good low-level programming capability and interest is essential.
The Graduate Software Engineer will be mentored by Senior Engineers in the company where required.
- The starting salary for this Graduate Software Engineer role is £25,000 per annum.
- This is a full-time, permanent role (x1).
- Interviews are planned for week commencing 19 April 2021.
- Start date for this role would be around July 2021.
- ALMIS International is an Equal Opportunities employer and a Living Wage employer.
- In addition to a competitive salary, ALMIS International offers a pension scheme, company incentive scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme and study funding.
How To Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter, outlining why you wish to be considered for this role to: John Muir, Chief Operating Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org by CLOSING DATE of 5pm, Friday 16th April 2021.