IT Systems Engineer
Permanent; Full-Time contract; Hybrid Working
Advert Closing: 29-01-2022
More about this role
We’re looking to recruit an IT Systems Engineer, someone with relevant IT infrastructure experience who is looking to develop further in an exciting role at a successful Edinburgh based fintech company operating in the Banking industry.
You will have day to day responsible for the various aspects of IT within the company- the management of our ALMIS Cloud platform which we run in partnership with an Azure Managed Service provider for our hosted clients and our internal IT needs. You will have the opportunity to contribute to expanding and improving our ALMIS Cloud service and our internal IT and in-house development to deliver our comprehensive, integrated suite of products.
This is an exciting time to join ALMIS International. We have built a fantastic foundation and are now looking to bring in the right people to grow the business. There are several exciting projects, where the successful candidate will be able to collaborate closely with the other members in the senior leadership team in delivering value to our customers and the business.
This is the perfect opportunity for someone, educated to degree level or equivalent, who is ready to take the next step in their career.
If you have a track record in moving IT forward in a company, working with modern cyber security methodologies and have three to five years’ experience of managing Microsoft Stack, Windows 10, Server 2019 and O365 Administration we want to hear from you. Experience of Azure Cloud would be an advantage, with a willingness to learn and develop being essential. We’re ready to invest in the right individual.
What you’ll do
- Deliver our business objectives through IT solutions
- Take responsibility for the day-to-day management, monitoring and maintenance of our systems and solutions including O365, Sophos Central, Sophos Optix and Qualys
- Oversee our ALMIS Cloud platform managed service
- Ensure the operational stability and resilience of our network which includes VPN and RDS technologies
- Oversee the day-to-day support and maintenance work of the IT Support Analyst
- Assess, monitor and upgrade the IT systems and processes
- Create and deliver continual improvement through an IT roadmap
- Ensure compliance with ISO27001 standards
- Make sure the business has the technical capabilities for success and growth
- Be a part of the business leadership team
- Communicate with our vendors and other third parties
- Keep your skillset updated in line with changes in legislation and practises
The administration experience you’ll need
3 – 5 years’ experience in:
- Remote Desktop Services, Gateways and Connection Brokers
- Windows 10 & Windows Server 2019
- Microsoft’s cloud stack: In-Tune, O365 Suite
Nice to have skills
- Experience of MS SQL 2012 upwards
- Experience with PostgreSQL versions 10 upwards
- Experience with Microsoft Azure
- Operational and administrative knowledge of the Sophos product stack
- Active Directory and GPO Management (including policy enumeration and testing) experience
- Previous experience in a similar wide-reaching role
- A qualification in MS Azure Fundamentals
You should also have
- Leadership, ownership and problem-analysis abilities
- The ability to build a good rapport with all our stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- An eye for detail
Your pay and conditions
- The salary range for the IT Systems Engineer is £40,000 – £50,000 per annum, depending on experience
- This is a full-time, permanent role.
- We support distributed working, so you don’t need to be Edinburgh based – you will need to come to the Edinburgh office as required but can work from home.
- ALMIS International is an Equal Opportunities employer and a Living Wage employer
- As well as a competitive salary, ALMIS International offers a full contribution pension scheme, company incentive profit share, Cycle to Work scheme and study funding.
A bit more about ALMIS International
Established in 1992, ALMIS International is the foremost UK market leader in developing bank balance sheet management software. Our comprehensive solutions are licensed by over 60 banks and building societies in the UK and internationally. Our software covers margin management, regulatory reporting, market risk, liquidity, financial planning, capital adequacy, hedge accounting and treasury management. We also support many of our clients on our ALMIS Cloud hosted platform.
How to apply for this role
Send your CV and a covering letter telling us why you think you’re a good fit for this role, to the Chief Operating Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the vacancy reference OMHR020.
THE CLOSING DATE is 11:59pm, Friday 28 January 2022.
Initial interviews will be held shortly after the closing date online using Microsoft Teams.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES