19 July 2023 10:00 – 11:00
Join us for our upcoming webinar where we will discuss the recent changes in the mortgage market, specifically the new Mortgage Charter introduced by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) in collaboration with the UK’s largest mortgage lenders. The charter brings about important considerations for banks in terms of interest rate risk management and hedge accounting.
Over 50% of the institutions signed up to the charter use ALMIS to manage the interest rate risk associated with fixed-rate mortgages. In this webinar, we will address the challenges faced by financial institutions in hedging interest rate risk, including the new requirement to offer customers the opportunity to lock in a mortgage deal up to 6 months in advance of their existing fixed-rate product. We will explore strategies to effectively manage this risk and discuss potential solutions.
What we’ll cover during the webinar:
- Overview of the risks arising from the Mortgage Charter
- Understanding interest rate risk and its impact on mortgage portfolios
- Hedging strategies for managing interest rate risk on mortgage pipeline and product conversions
- Stress testing and reporting, leveraging technology and ALM solutions to streamline risk management processes
- Cashflow hedge accounting and its application in the absence of on-balance sheet items
Our panel of industry experts with extensive knowledge and experience in ALM and risk management will provide valuable insights into these crucial topics. You will have the opportunity to gain insight, ask questions and hear discussions on best practices to navigate the evolving landscape of the mortgage market.
Whether you are a risk manager, treasurer, or finance professional in the banking industry, this webinar will provide an update on the latest thinking for effectively managing interest rate risk or practical implementation of cash flow hedge accounting with the new mortgage charter.
Don’t miss out on this informative session – register for this free webinar.